INFINIDAT to Highlight Cutting-Edge Enterprise Storage Solution at VMworld
INFINIDAT customers to share how they increased performance, improved reliability and reduced cost
INFINIDAT, the market’s leading independent provider of enterprise-class data storage solutions, will attend VMworld 2017 in Las Vegas, Aug. 27-31, exhibiting at booth #324. INFINIDAT continues to disrupt the storage industry with its flagship storage solution, InfiniBox™, a multi-petabyte, future-defined storage system. For enterprise customers, InfiniBox provides simple-to-use, low-cost, general-purpose storage that features 99.99999% availability and faster than all-flash performance for real-world workloads. At VMworld, the company will showcase the powerful integration between InfiniBox™ and VMWare, featuring:
- Flexible, multi-protocol (FC, iSCSI, NFS), fully virtualized storage, optimized for petabyte-scale VMware installations
- Tight API integration, featuring VAAI, VASA and SRM vCenter Plug-Ins
- Host Power Tools™ for VMware for the rapid, efficient automation and orchestration of VMware storage services
- Unique instant single instance VM backup and restore, utilizing INFINIDAT’s sophisticated zero impact, unlimited snapshot capabilities
- The InfiniBox Content Pack for vRealize Log Insight, providing customers hosting large VMware environments on InfiniBox with an additional layer of visibility and real-time analytics across multiple systems
Due to the exponential rise in the volume and value of data that companies need to store and analyze, many companies are faced with choosing between cost, performance and capacity when it comes to their storage. With INFINIDAT, customers don’t have to accept these compromises.
“Petabyte-scale VMWare is by far our customers’ most common use case. Customers with serious storage requirements are looking for financial relief from other VMware-native storage solutions, which often add three dollars in server cost for every dollar of array cost avoidance,” said Brian Carmody, CTO at INFINIDAT. “This is why over 85% of INFINIDAT capacity installed worldwide hosts VMWare data, with 102 petabytes of new VMWare capacity added in 2Q2017 alone. More than 50% of total installed InfiniBox(tm) systems are dedicated to large VMware environments.”
“InfiniBox was subjected to the most rigorous testing we’ve ever conducted on a storage platform, about three times more testing than our previous system,” explained Joe McVicker, senior storage administrator at HMSA. “We were seeing lower write latency than the all-flash array we use for our VDI. That is very impressive for a hybrid array. For me, that’s paramount. Whatever we put on the InfiniBox, I know that write latency is pretty much non-existent.”
“We’re shuffling most of our application data sets onto the InfiniBox architecture,” explained McVicker. “Confidence is really, really high when it comes to deciding ‘where do we put it?’ We don’t have to think about it anymore. It’s going on the InfiniBox, plain and simple.”
- Hear how INFINIDAT customers La-Z-Boy, US Signal, Hawaii Medical Service Association (BC/BS affiliate in HI) use INFINIDAT to meet their storage needs
- INFINIDAT Booth # 324. Mandalay Bay Hotel & Convention Center, Las Vegas, Aug. 27 – 31, 2017.
- Breakout session with INFINIDAT customer La-Z-Boy: “More Time to Recline: How La-Z-Boy Relaxed the Complexity of VMWare Storage Management and Saved Money in the Process.” La-Z-Boy systems architect Jim Measel will share the company’s experience with InfiniBox for primary data storage. One-hour talk and open discussion on Aug. 28 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in Islander G, lower level.
- During VMworld 2017, INFINIDAT will provide live demonstrations of the InfiniBox content pack for vRealize Log Insight, which provides customers with the following advantages:
- Truly unified storage – Multi-protocol support is engrained in InfiniBox architecture. Both SAN (block) and NAS (file) capabilities are native and designed to run side by side on the same platform along with advanced storage capabilities including native replication, inline data reduction and enhanced performance analytics.
- Faster than all-flash performance – InfiniBox is a flash optimized, enterprise proven storage platform that can deliver faster than all-flash performance delivering over 1M IOPS with sub-millisecond latency. InfiniBox always balanced active grid delivers consistent performance, regardless to the capacity utilization or the amount of volumes and snapshots.
- Unmatched reliability – A key attribute of the InfiniBox architecture is its unique 99.99999% uptime. This is made possible thanks to N+2 redundancy, self-healing active-grid, end-to-end data checksums (protecting against silent data corruptions) and fastest media rebuild in the industry.
- Scalability – Up to 5.5PB of effective capacity in a single 42U rack. The system’s capacity can be distributed across virtually unlimited number of volumes, filesystems and snapshots.
Companies who acquire, store and analyze the most data achieve the greatest competitive advantage. INFINIDAT helps clients achieve a competitive business advantage at a disruptive price point by delivering 1M IOPS of performance, 99.99999% reliability and scales from 115 terabytes to over 10 petabytes in a single 42U rack. Automated provisioning, management, and application integration provide a system that is incredibly efficient and easy to deploy and manage. INFINIDAT is changing the paradigm of enterprise storage while reducing capital requirements, operational overhead, and complexity.